General Knowledge is the awareness of a broad range of facts about various subjects, such as important events, people, history, geography, scientific phenomena, mathematical facts, etc. It is accumulated over time and is supported by human memory.
Read on the GK Questions are based upon the expected level of General Knowledge for Class 3.
Here is a list of GK questions with answers in English for class 3 that will help them in their future. Parents can now rest assured that their child gets a chance to gain more awareness with these GK sample questions for class 3. They can think of these GK questions for class 3 with the answers as a warm-up activity that prepares young students for the challenges ahead.
The following quiz questions for Class 3 are based upon General Knowledge for Class 3. These GK quizzes will help students and parents revise important topics.
Science GK Quiz for Class 3 with Answers
1. Who invented the Light Bulb?
Thomas Alva Edison
2. Which planet in our solar system is known as the Red Planet?
3. What is the name of the biggest planet in our solar system?
4. Who invented the Telephone?
Alexander Graham Bell
5. Who discovered Penicillin?
6. Which is the hottest planet in our solar system?
7. Which is the smallest planet in our solar system?
8. Which planet in our solar system is known as the Blue Planet?
9. Who invented the Printing Press?
10. Who successfully built and flew the world’s first Aeroplane?
The Wright Brothers (Orville and Wilbur Wright)
11. What is the name of the largest moon of Saturn?
12. Which planet in our Solar System takes the longest time to complete its revolution around the Sun?
13. Which planet in our Solar System has thousands of spectacular rings around it?
14. What is French scientist Louis Pasteur famous for?
Discovering the principle of vaccination, microbial fermentation, and pasteurization.
15. Which is the smallest bird in the world?
16. Who invented the Computer?
Maths Quiz Questions for Class 3
17. How many hours are there in a day?
18. How many minutes are there in an hour?
19. 1 L is equal to how many grams?
20. The length of a field can be measured in Millimetres/Metres/Kilometres?
21. The distance between Mumbai and Hyderabad can be measured in Centimetres/ Metres/Kilometres?
22. When a number is multiplied by zero, the answer you get is always ____?
23. 425 x 1= _______?
24. 555 x 10= _______?
25. The largest 4 digit number is?
26. 425 + 30 = ___ + 425?
27. 425 + 0 = ___?
28. 425 x 0 = ___?
29. 1789 – ____ = 1789?
30. Half of an apple is greater than, equal to or less than one-third of an apple?
Half of an apple is greater than one-third of an apple
31. One-fourth of a cake is greater than, equal to or less than one-third of that cake?
One-fourth of a cake is less than one-third of that cake
32. Weight of a person is measured in litres/kilometres/kilograms?
33. Eight o’clock in the evening is 8 am or 8 pm?
GK Quiz for Class 3 on World Affairs
34. Who are the founders of Google?
Larry Page and Sergey Brin
35. How many continents are there, and their names?
There are 7 continents: Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America, Australia, Antarctica
36. Which is the largest continent?
37. In which continent is India located?
38. Who founded Facebook?
39. Where were the last Olympic Games held, and when?
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2016
40. Where will the next Olympic Games be held, and when?
The Olympic Games to be held in Tokyo, Japan in 2021
41. Which is the longest river on Earth?
Nile river in Egypt
GK Questions for Class 3 on India
42. Who is known as the Iron Man of India?
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
43. Who was the first woman Prime Minister of India?
44. Who is known as the Father of the Indian Constitution?
Dr B. R. Ambedkar
45. Who was the first woman President of India?
46. What is the National Animal of India?
47. What is the National Bird of India?
48. What is the National Flower of India?
49. What is the National Anthem of India, and who wrote it?
Jana Gana Mana, written by Rabindranath Tagore
50. What is the National Song of India?
Vande Mataram, written by Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
Quizzing has emerged as a fun activity to learn and increase General Knowledge in today’s world. Subject-matter experts compile these GK Questions for Class 3 as per age-appropriate levels.
These Quiz Questions for Class 3 are designed to ignite the spark of learning in your child and increase their hunger for knowledge. Capacity building for general knowledge is a life-long effort and comes in useful for many entrance exams, interviews, and group discussions in later life.
Cuemath, a student-friendly mathematics and coding platform, conducts regular Online Live Classes for academics and skill-development, and their Mental Math App, on both iOS and Android, is a one-stop solution for kids to develop multiple skills. Understand the Cuemath Fee structure and sign up for a free trial.