Do you ever feel like lightening the mood in class?Or just simply making everyone laugh?
Have you heard people talking about their school days? Most of us recall them as the most memorable. And what is it that makes it so memorable? Physics? Chemistry? History? Mathematics? OF COURSE NOT! School days are recalled for the mischiefs and the tricks we played as SOS ( read as Save our Skins).
We also recall some unique names we gave our teachers based on their distinct attributes! Some of them were outright insensitive and cruel, but at that age, we were way beyond caring.
Between all the playtime and friends and pranks we had to tackle school and studies and for this students came up with some ingenious school abbreviations and school puns.
We never forgot a funny class or the fun we had in class and school puns added so much to the humor. There are people who might just hate puns especially when they are on the receiving end but this play of words and
language has been popular for quite some time.
The plays of Shakespeare are a good example of puns. So, as long as we use language, school puns have been around and are here to stay.
Here are some popular school puns. These are those puns that students create based on their experiences in school.
These school puns live with the student forever. In some cases, the school puns are so catchy and appropriate that they get passed on from one bath to another, a generation to another.
Hilarious School Puns to make your Classmates Laugh-PDF
This blog has various puns including school puns, teacher puns, homework puns, examples of puns, back-to-school puns, and examples of puns fitting for a fun class. Here is a downloadable PDF to explore more.
Hilarious School Puns to make your Classmates Laugh-PDF
Here are some School Puns and back-to-school puns.
1) Why did Hari take a ladder and go to school?
He wanted to go to high school
2) A book never has written: “The Best Subject in School”
3) David: Why did the broom get a poor grade in school?
Dan: I don’t know. Why?
David: Because it was always sweeping during class!
4) Who wrote the book “High School Math”
Cal Q. Luss.
5) What’s the king of all school supplies?
6) What kind of school do you go to if you’re:
…an ice cream man? Sundae school.
…a giant? High school.
…a surfer? Boarding school.
…King Arthur? Knight school.
7) Mom: What did you do at school today?
Mark: We did a guessing game.
Mom: But I thought you were having a math exam.
Mark: That’s right!
8) Teacher: Daniel, I’ve had to send you to the principal every day this week. What do you have to say for yourself?
Daniel: Thank God it’s Friday!
9) Who should be your best friend at school?
10) When a teacher closes his eyes, why should it remind him of an empty classroom?
Because there are no pupils to see!
School and teachers go hand in hand. If students make school puns at school, will the teachers be spared? Come to think of it a student spends more time with their teachers than with their parents.
So, it is natural for the students to create school puns based on Teachers. Here are some Teacher puns.
Some Clever Teacher Puns to make while leading a class
1) Teacher: Class, we will have only half a day of school this morning.
Teacher: We will have the other half this afternoon
2) Student: The brain is a wonderful thing
Teacher: Why do you say that?
Student: Because it starts working the second you get up in the morning and never stops until you get asked a question in class!
3) Teacher: Be sure that you go straight home
Student: I can’t, I live just round the corner!
4) Teacher: What is an island?
Pupil: A piece of land surrounded by water except on one side.
Teacher: On one side?
Pupil: Yes, on top!
5) Teacher: Give me three reasons why the world is round
Pupil: Well my dad says so, my mum says so and you say so!
6) Teacher: What shape is the world in?
7) Teacher: Why does your geography exam have a big zero over it.
Pupil: It’s not a zero, the teacher ran out of stars, so she gave me a moon instead!
8) Teacher: I want you to tell me the longest sentence you can think of
Pupil: Life imprisonment!
9) Teacher: What is further away, Australia or the Moon?
Pupil: Australia, you can see the Moon at night!
10) Teacher: What’s the longest word in the English language?
Pupil: Smiles – because there is a mile between the first and last letters!
Hopefully, these teacher puns were enough to make you chuckle.
Homework Puns to make fun of what you hate the most
Another dreaded and disliked part of school life is homework. Most students feel that teachers compete with each other to show the importance of their subject by giving more homework.
The result is that students are burdened by studies with no time to relax. Another reason why Homework is not appreciated is that they are repetitive and boring. Here are some Homework puns:
1)What would happen if your nose was 12 inches long?
It would be a foot!
2) How can you stop an astronaut’s baby from crying?
3) Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7, 8, 9
4) What is a witch’s favorite subject in school?
5) Mother: What did you learn in school today
Son: How to write
Mother: What did you write?
Son: I don’t know, they haven’t taught us how to read yet!
6) Name four members of the cat family
Daddy cat, mummy cat, and two kittens!
7) What is the plural of a mouse?
Good, now what’s the plural of a baby?
8) Why were the early days of history called the dark ages?
Because there were so many knights!
9) If there are ten cats in a boat and one jumps out, how many are left?
None, they were all copycats!
10) What is the center of gravity?
The alphabet V!
11) What is the Great Depression?
When you get a bad report card.
12) What do we do with crude oil?
Teach it some manners!
Hope you enjoyed these student or school puns. Remember, the student years are the best years of life. However, in the fun and frolic, we tend to forget the fine line of gratitude and hurt the very people; our teachers and parents who work so hard for our future.
Students must be grateful for the fact that they have teachers and an Institution which has only one purpose- helping students to do well in life
Harmless school puns and fun is a welcome respite from the strict and demanding regimen of school and studies. So, let these moments of joy give wings to your imagination. Be creative with your own school puns, teacher puns, back to school puns, and homework puns. I am sure that this has set you all thinking and you have even perhaps thought of some creative school puns!
Remember, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, so cut loose sometimes and enjoy yourself.
Written By Jayashree Nair, Cuemath Teacher
Cuemath, a student-friendly mathematics and coding platform, conducts regular Online Live Classes for academics and skill-development, and their Mental Math App, on both iOS and Android, is a one-stop solution for kids to develop multiple skills. Understand the Cuemath fee structure and sign up for a free trial.
Why is a sense of humour important?
Being funny is possibly one of the best things you can do for your mental health. Your mind's immune system is a sense of humour.
Humour also improves the overall quality of life.
Research also shows humour sharpens your mind and smarter people have a better sense of humour.
It also in general makes a person more likable.
What is a pun?
A pun is a joke that targets the different possible meanings of a particular word, or that two words with different meanings sound similar.